Monday, November 9, 2009

Tosh.O


Over the weekend I discovered a little gem of a show on Comedy Central. It's a new show, and it needs support, so that is why I'm dedicating a post to it! The show is called Tosh.O (pronounced Tosh point owe), and new episodes air on Thursdays at 10pm on Comedy Central. This is one of the funniest "Talk Soup-like” shows on air. In the show, comedian Daniel Tosh takes anything humorous or odd that he finds on the internet and puts sarcastically funny commentary to it. The difference is that in his commentary, no topic is "off limits." There is nothing about it that is "politically correct." In turn, some viewers may be turned off or purely horrified by the things that come out of his mouth. However, I am a person that can appreciate what he's doing.

Now I've been listening to stand up comedy for years now. One of my favorite daily activities is laughter. It's great aerobic exercise for those stomach muscles! I've listened to comedians of all colors, races and backgrounds. Time and time again, I've sat back and listened to "the white man" jokes, and I've laughed at pretty much all of them, basically because they are true! It's very rare to hear a white comedian poke fun of someone of opposing race. I never really understood this double standard, but who am I to question the politics of comedy? Well, my friends, I have now found the man who is not scared to do just that! Daniel Tosh is one of those comedians who test those boundaries. He is not a racist, and nor am I for appreciating what he’s doing. I just feel that if a white person can be stereotypical in the jokes coming from a black or Hispanic person, and we all laugh, then a black or Hispanic person can be stereotypical in the jokes coming from a white person. After all, these stereotypes are somewhat true to each of our races, or they would never be part of the stereotypical profile of the race.

With all that said, I laugh at every joke that I think is funny, whether it's a joke about my race or someone else's race. The purpose of comedy is to make us laugh, and I promise you Tosh.O will do just that! Check out the link below to get a taste of what the show is about:

http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0

1 comment:

  1. hey! I just read this post and it reminded me of 30 Second Abs from middle school and high school? Do you remember that? We could always get a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete