Friday, November 6, 2009

How does this happen?


http://www.military.com/news/article/details-emerge-on-hood-rampage-suspect.html?ESRC=eb.nl

Two questions: 1. How does a person who is "a little off" and has to seek counseling become a psych doctor at Walter Reed? 2. How does the military KEEP IGNORING WARNING SIGNS!!! His name was on radical internet sites. He was constantly getting in arguments with his fellow soldiers over the war. Let me just add that he ENLISTED himself into the military; he wasn't drafted for crying out loud! If he was so against the war, why sign up during a wartime period? Something smells like fish to me...and this tragedy and many others like it could've been avoided had someone else did their job and paid more attention to what is going on...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the people who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. I've had many of the same thoughts as you. My Dad is retired Air Force, and I lived on a base where something similar to this happened in the 90's. A soldier that had been determined mentally ill (I think this post Desert Storm) was discharged and he shot up the base hospital, ultimately killing himself. My mom was supposed to be at the hospital that day.

    The truth is, this is not as uncommon as many American's believe. These things happen too often when soldiers have an altered state of mind preparing for war or returning from war. Although, it's usually not this severe. The military acknowledges this type of thing is going on and is a problem, but I think it's an uphill battle in a time of war.

    However, in this situation, I think this soldier's superiors should have done more. Hopefully they'll learn from this and heed the warnings next time.

    My thoughts and prayers also go out to the soldiers and families affected by this terrible act of violence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why this stuff happens but very sad!!! I really like your blog if you can give me any suggestions on my I could use the help!!!
    thanks help36

    ReplyDelete
  3. SDuck, you make a great point that it is an uphill battle. I just hope that out of this tregedy something has been learned, and that is to take all warning signs as dangerous and a priority. It really is a shame! Thanks for posting!
    help36, I appreciate your support! I'm new to the process myself, but I will stop by and check your blog out as well! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete